Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Insanity by Beachbody

    Does Insanity work?  Is it worth it?  The simple answer is yes.  I did Insanity two years ago and got great results.  I lost about 15 pounds and about 3-4 inches off of my waist.  I have been thinking about doing it again, but the only thing holding me back is the fact that I know that Insanity is incredibly intense.  You sweat like you have never sweat before.  It is truly a great workout.

     Here are the benefits of Insanity if you are considering purchasing it:

1.  It is all plyometrics and aerobic training without any weights.  In other words, you do all the exercises with only you own body-weight and no bands, bar-bells, or anything else.  This is great if you travel a lot because you can do it anywhere.  You just need a space where you can jump.

2.  It is a short but extreme workout that will make you sweat like you have never sweat before.

3.  You learn how to truly stretch.  I still use the stretch routine every time I run or do any other workout.  It is amazing how much better I feel after I use what Sean T taught me.

4.  It has a lot of variety.  Just as you get used to the first 30 days, the second 30 days crank up a notch and you are going harder and doing a different variety of exercise.

5.  You will see results.  If you do this every day, I guarantee you will lose weight.  

6.  Beachbody has a terrific support system.  If you log on to their website (www.teambeachbody.com) you will be able to interact with others doing the system and get encouragement from all sources.

7.  You’ll be motivated to eat better.  Heck, I even tried Shakeology and quite frankly -- other than the expensive price -- I really like it.

8.  Sean T is exceptionally motivating.

9.  It is hard, but fun.

10.  Believe it or not, it did help my run by helping my endurance.  Ok....I think I’ve convinced myself, time to do another round of Insanity!

What do you think?  Have you tried Insanity?  Did it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment